DALLAS — Today the City of Dallas and Omni Hotels & Resorts held a ceremonial ribbon-cutting for the opening of the Omni Dallas Hotel. A little more than two years after the groundbreaking, the convention center hotel is officially open for business. Owned by the City of Dallas, the luxury hotel is located on eight acres in the heart of the nation’s eighth-largest city, which is experiencing a renaissance from more than $14 billion in new development underway in and near the urban core.
“As we open the doors to the Omni Dallas Hotel today, we can confidently say Dallas is again competitive,” said Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings. “We have reinvigorated our world-class reputation in the large meetings and convention industry.”
With great anticipation surrounding the opening, the Omni Dallas Hotel has already contracted nearly 300,000 room nights. The hotel, serving as another catalyst for growth, has been instrumental in helping Dallas secure future city-wide meetings and conventions. In the 24 months prior to the May 2009 announcement of the hotel, the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau booked 18 citywide meetings. Since then, the group has booked 55.
“It is an honor to be a part of this important project, and we look forward to the large influx of conventions and meetings the hotel will bring to our city,” said Jack Matthews, President, Matthews Southwest, the project’s developer. “We are proud to say the hotel is opening more than two months ahead of schedule and under budget. This was made possible by the collaboration between the City of Dallas, Balfour/Russell/Pegasus, 5Gstudio_collaborative, BOKA Powell and Omni Hotels & Resorts.”
“This is about more than just a hotel – it is a symbol of our city’s dedication to our future,” said Ed Netzhammer, managing director of the Omni Dallas Hotel. “From the developer and construction team to architects and design firms, I want to thank everyone who had a hand in making this become a reality.”
The Omni Dallas Hotel offers a cosmopolitan yet refined feel showcasing the essence of Dallas with a contemporary glass exterior and native textures, art and other materials enriching the interior. The hotel features more than 7,000 original pieces of art from 150 local artists in the guest rooms and the public spaces. Connected to the Dallas Convention Center by skybridge, the hotel has 1,001 guest rooms and incorporates more than 110,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Included among its 39 meeting rooms are the Dallas and Trinity Ballrooms, encompassing 32,000 and 15,000 square feet respectively.
Dining and leisure options include:
- Bob’s Steak & Chop House, the iconic steak house that is also a longtime Dallas favorite.
- Texas Spice, a casual farm-to-market restaurant that utilizes the area’s freshest products.
- The Owners Box, a state-of-the-art sports bar with the latest technology, including an 18-foot screen TV and 65-foot long bar.
- Uptown Terrace, on the fourth floor, the urban pool deck offers stunning views of the skyline as the perfect spot to enjoy lighter fare.
- Mokara Spa, an elegant quiet oasis offering rejuvenation with striking downtown views.
- Lobby Lounge, offering signature cocktails, coffees and light snacks.
- Morsels and Collections, Omni’s largest retail venue features the brand’s signature coffee bar along with items from local establishments, including sports souvenirs, foods and a large assortment of beautiful local art and museum pieces. The individual pieces of art featured in the hotel will be available for purchase from the artists through an interactive art station.
Perfect for visitors or locals looking for a downtown staycation, the hotel is offering the “Definitely Dallas” package through December 30, 2011. Those who book the offer will enjoy rates starting at $111 in honor of the hotel’s opening date – 11/11/11. Terms and conditions as well as more information may be found by at omnidallashotel.com.
To book a package on Facebook, guests may visit facebook.com/omnihotels and click on the “Book a Room” tab on the left side of the page.
Follow Omni Hotels & Resorts at twitter.com/omnihotels.