- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Slim Playoff Hopes Dashed
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Struggling And Coming Up Short
- France Cruises Past Luxembourg In World Cup Qualifier
- LONE STAR PARK CELEBRATES ITS 20th ANNIVERSARY
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
- Blitz Babe Mary
- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Stars snap losing skid with a rare win
- Dallas Mavericks: Playoffs Still A Possibility?
- 2017 Marks New Era for Rangers Pitching
- Field Finalized for World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
North Texas vs Southern Mississippi preview
- Updated: November 19, 2016
Last Saturday, the North Texas Mean Green was crushed by Western Kentucky 45-7. The Mean Green is in a bit of predicament as they are two wins away from being eligible for a bowl game and they’ve only got two games left. This Saturday, they’ll take on Southern Mississippi. If they want to keep
North Texas’ keys to victory:
Play better defense. Against Western Kentucky, they surrendered 543 yards of total offense. They can’t afford to let that happen again. They need to make stops, sack the quarterback, and most importantly force turnovers. The Mean Green defense will have their hands full against USM as their offense averages 485 total yards per game and scores about 34 points per game. UNT’s defense needs to wake up.
Offense needs be explosive. They only had 232 total yards against Western Kentucky and only registered seven first downs. USM’s defense allows an average a 334 total yards per game. UNT’s offense need 400 to 500 yards of offense to win. They need to score some points. Avoiding punting and giving the ball to the opposing team at all costs. Keep longer possession of the ball.
Long story short, they need be effective on both sides of the football. They can’t afford to lose another game. One more loss and they won’t be going to a bowl game.
My prediction is UNT wins 56 to 42.