- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Slim Playoff Hopes Dashed
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Struggling And Coming Up Short
- France Cruises Past Luxembourg In World Cup Qualifier
- LONE STAR PARK CELEBRATES ITS 20th ANNIVERSARY
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
- Blitz Babe Mary
- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Stars snap losing skid with a rare win
- Dallas Mavericks: Playoffs Still A Possibility?
- 2017 Marks New Era for Rangers Pitching
- Field Finalized for World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
North Texas vs Rice Preview
- Updated: September 24, 2016
North Texas Mean Green vs. Rice Owls
Saturday – September 24 – 5:00 p.m.
Rice Stadium – Houston – Texas
With their game against the University of Florida behind them, the Mean Green will look to get on the win column this Saturday when they travel to Houston to take on the Owls of Rice University.
Against Florida, the Mean Green only had 53 yards of total offense. Only 66 yards through the air and -13 yards on the ground. Rice’s defense allows an average of 567 total yards per game, including an average of 247 yards on the ground and 320 through the air. They also allow an average 38.3 points per game. So the Mean Green offense need to take advantage of the weak Owl defense.
The Mean Green defense allowed over 470 yards of total offense against the Gators. They managed to intercept a pass, force the Gators to go 6-for-13 in third down conversions, and they even took out their starting quarterback. Rice’s offense has scored an average of 12.7 points per game, and they’ve averaged 282 total yards per game.
Rice is 0-3 so far this season. In their first three games, they’ve allowed at least 30 points and haven’t scored more than 14 points. Rice’s football team is not dangerous, but they always give the Mean Green a run for their money. Rice has won the last two meetings, and UNT cannot allow Rice to beat them a third straight time.
My prediction: UNT 38- Rice 31. I expect an offensive showdown from both teams. Mason Fine and the Mean Green offense will take advantage of the weaknesses of the Owl defense. But Rice will not go down without a fight. Both defenses are evenly matched. If the Mean Green can sack the quarterback, make stops, and force turnovers, while the offense keeps their drives alive, then UNT will be okay.