- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov Preview
- Blitz Babe Amanda
- Here’s Why Rose Namajunas Deserves the Next Title Shot
- Wesley Bryan wins RBC Heritage
- Texas Rangers Struggles Continue on West Coast
- Who’s Next for Pound-For-Pound King Demetrious Johnson
- UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis Preview
- The Dallas Mavericks’ Season Is Officially Over
- Dallas Stars Season Recap: A Change at Head Coach
- Prometheus reveal provides Connections to Oliver Queen’s Past and Present
Model Nykhor Paul Speaks up about the Difficulties of Being a Black Model
- Updated: July 31, 2015
Model Nykhor Paul who has been modeling since the age of 17; recently took to Instagram her take on how makeup artists in the industry are unprepared to do her makeup when it comes to the color of her skin. “Why do I have to bring my own makeup to a professional show when all the other white girls don’t have to do anything but show up,” she states. She posted a photo on Instagram with a caption stating her feelings on being a black model in the year 2015.
“Don’t try to make me feel bad because I am blue black its 2015 go to Mac, Bobbi Brown, Makeup forever, Iman cosmetic, black opal, even Lancôme and Clinique carried them plus so much more. There’s so much options our there for dark skin tones today. A good makeup artist would come prepare and do there research before coming to work because often time you know what to expect especially at a show!
“Stop apologizing it’s insulting and disrespectful to me and my race it doesn’t help, seriously! Make an effort at least!” she wrote. “That goes for NYC, London, Milan, Paris and Cape Town plus everywhere else that have issues with black skin tones. Just because you only book a few of us doesn’t mean you have the right to make us look ratchet.”
She concludes by saying she’s tired of the racism in the fashion industry.