- Will History Repeat Itself at UFC 211
- Blitz Babe Natasha
- The Blitz Weekly 2017 NFL Draft Hot Sheets
- 2017 NFL Draft Mini-Mock: Final Mock
- Texas Rangers: No Longer in the Cellar
- UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Lobov Preview
- Blitz Babe Amanda
- Here’s Why Rose Namajunas Deserves the Next Title Shot
- Wesley Bryan wins RBC Heritage
- Texas Rangers Struggles Continue on West Coast
Fall Fashion Trends
- Updated: October 15, 2014
Fall is just around the corner (regardless if it is 100 degrees outside…again) which means one thing: No silly, not just the return of football, but it’s time to start daydreaming of fall fashion and cooler climates. And just like any sport, you definitely want to come out looking like a fashion winner this fall and not the fashion loser in his over-sized, buffalo-wing stained jersey. Follow the trends below and you may just get a few extra looks from the ladies.
1. You don’t have to be an outdoorsy Bear Grylls type to wear flannel — a flannel shirt works on a date when you pair it with a leather jacket. Try to find unique flannel patterns, since they’ve been popular since the 1990s. You definitely don’t want to end up matching your best friend at the bar. This Target flannel is unique with its dip-dyed style and decently priced at $32.99. We also dig the idea of being bold in flannel or checkered pants and mixing patterns.
2. Ties are a dime a dozen, but a horizontal striped tie is key for fall. Inside the office or out, little style evolutions like this make all the difference in an outfit. Every woman loves a man who pays attention to detail (wink wink). This Paul Smith tie from Nordstrom is a little more pricey at $125, but its Italian wool material and square shape will give you a stylish edge.
3. Bland, boring sweaters always seem find a way into everyone’s wardrobe, which makes a patterned knit an exciting breath of fresh air. You can pair with a blazer or collared shirt underneath to make it look less like something your mom bought you for Christmas. We love this J. Lindeberg camouflage sweater because camo is still in for fall and it’s super comfy.
4. Handbags are not just for the ladies anymore. Whether you’re going on a business trip, weekend getaway, or just the gym, bags are smart accessories for any man this fall. Don’t worry, we won’t suggest that you sport a fanny pack. Go for a classy leather piece that you’ll be able to use forever, or shop a more budget-friendly item like this tan faux leather H&M bag.
5. Afraid of turtlenecks? Don’t be! The 1960s are back and being able to pull off a turtleneck is all about the way you wear it (and confidence of course). Pairing the turtleneck under a stylish leather jacket or blazer will make you look put together and on trend. We love this beige GAP lambswool turtleneck, or a classic black version.
6. I’m a big fan of man jewelry. No, seriously! Being a bit of a jewelry addict myself, my favorite thing to buy for a man is a great piece of jewelry. Eddie Borgo and Miansai by designer Michael Saiger make some of my favorites, but there are also less expensive options. I tend to gravitate towards a spike necklace or bracelet that will last a lifetime and can be paired with your favorite watch, but places like H&M have great options as well. Jewelry is a great way to accessories an outfit and add a little something extra to your look. If you have great jewelry, she’ll probably assume you know how to pick out something for her as well! It’s time to step up your wrist game this fall.