This is a meat and gravy dish taught to me by my late grandfather. This is excellent over egg noodles or rice. I never measure with this recipe, so time and amounts are up to the chef. The left overs are even better! You can prepare this for your boys or your lady!
Total cook time: 1 hour
1 lb sirloin steak, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large green pepper, diced
2 cups water
Additional 1⁄4 cup water
1 3⁄4 ounces brown gravy mix (Approx weight of two packages)
1 (12 ounce) can beer or 8 ounces red wine
egg noodles or rice, prepared
1. Season meat with Garlic salt and Pepper to taste.
2. Dredge meat in flour.
3. Heat oil in pan and brown meat over medium high heat.
4. Add diced green pepper and 1/4 cup water and cover to allow green pepper to steam.
5. Prepare both packages of brown gravy as directed on package. (Usually 1 package plus one cup water, wisked).
6. Add gravy and beer or wine. Cover, reduce heat and simmer.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste while simmering. I usually cook it for 45-60 minutes. Longer if you like your meat more tender.
8. Prepare egg noodles or rice and serve meat mixture over.
This is a very easy pepper steak recipe. Fellas you can impress anyone with this one! Enjoy!!