- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Slim Playoff Hopes Dashed
- The Dallas Mavericks Are Struggling And Coming Up Short
- France Cruises Past Luxembourg In World Cup Qualifier
- LONE STAR PARK CELEBRATES ITS 20th ANNIVERSARY
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft 2.0
- Blitz Babe Mary
- Dallas Stars Weekly Recap: Stars snap losing skid with a rare win
- Dallas Mavericks: Playoffs Still A Possibility?
- 2017 Marks New Era for Rangers Pitching
- Field Finalized for World Golf Championships-Dell Technologies Match Play
Bethune-Cookman vs. North Texas Preview
- Updated: September 10, 2016
Bethune-Cookman Wildcats vs. North Texas Mean Green
Saturday – September 10 – 6:00 p.m.
Apogee Stadium – Denton – Texas
The Mean Green is coming off a season-opener home loss against the Mustangs of SMU. On Saturday, they’ll be looking to gain their first victory this season when they take on Bethune-Cookman.
The time to win is now for the Mean Green. Next week they’ll take on the University of Florida, so a win would be good for them.
The keys to a victory for the Mean Green
Offense needs to be explosive on passing as well as running. Last week, the offense racked up about 400 yards of total offense. 311 through the air and 83 on the ground. If they can increase to at least 400 yards through the air and close between 150 and 200 on the ground this week, the offense’s performance would be respectable. Quarterback Alec Morris needs to avoid throwing interceptions and keep his accuracy as high as possible.
Defense needs to make some stops and the way to do so is by forcing tackles for losses, sacking the quarterback, forcing in-completions and most importantly by forcing turnovers. Last week, they failed to make a stop on a third and 39 play, allowed the quarterback to slip past them, and allowed over 500 yards of offense. They cannot allow that to happen again. Defense will need to count on the offense to give them breathing room by keeping offensive drives alive for as long as possible.
Prediction: Mean Green wins 35-7. Morris throws four touchdowns, defense forces three turnovers and returns one to the house for a score. Offense will probably start off a little shaky but will be able to get it together.